Legal tech is booming, and interesting new companies appear very regularly. This Legal Tech List is my attempt at keeping track of recent developments. In order to keep the amount of information under control, I have limited the description of the companies to the payoffs that they themselves use. Other resources are mentioned at the bottom. This list is regularly updated, feel free to suggest updates or corrections!
Legal Research & eDiscovery
- Ross – IBM’s Super Intelligent Attorney, powered by Watson
- RavelLaw – Legal research and analytics
- Legal Intelligence – Legal Search Engine
- Judicata – We’re mapping the legal genome to help you better understand the law.
- Knomos – Mapping a knowledge network of the law
- Lex Machina – Legal analytics
- TrademarkNow – TrademarkNow provides an intelligent web-based trademark management platform that is used by enterprise companies, law firms and branding agencies for instant trademark search and watch results.
- Casetext – The best legal commentary, integrated with primary legal documents. Available to the public, for free.
- Open Wet – Make law and literature accessible to everyone
- Everlaw – The world’s most advanced litigation platform
- Logikcull – All of your discovery matters. In one place.
- Legal Alert – Receive automatic alerts when your legal resources are updated
- Seal Software – Contract Discovery & Analytics
Smart contracts / blockchain contracts
- Smartcontract – Make your contracts secure. Use realtime data to prove performance and create valuable trust. Smart Contracts take the form of code, which can be stored in a decentralized database that nobody controls and therefore everyone can come to trust.
Case management, client management, practice management, document management
- SpreekMet – Efficient and professional communication between lawyers and clients.
- Matter Mojo – Client and Matter Management
- Clio – Time & Billing, Calendars, Cooperation
- Lawpal – LawPal is part deal room, part project manager giving you a cloud-based workspace for planning, executing and tracking a transaction, allowing lawyers and clients centralized access to all documents, communications and notes.
- ViewABill – An up-to-the-minute view of billable activity, wherever and whenever.
- PlainLegal – Everything you need to prepare and manage IP filings
- Practice panther – Law practice management software for lawyers
- Busylamp – Take the management of your legal operations to the next level.
- Metajure – Automated document management
- Lexicata – Seamless client intake for the modern law firm
- Clocktimizer – Generate reliable and accurate fee quotes
- Effacts – The #1 Legal Management Platform.
- Docracy the web’s only open collection of legal contracts and the best way to negotiate and sign documents online.
- Contract express – Contract creation for cooperations
- Papersoftware Turning – Contracts made easy
- MyLegalBriefcase – My Legal Briefcase walks you through the steps of creating and submitting legal documents.
- Shake – Create, sign and send legally binding agreements in seconds.
- Contractentool – Automatic contract generation with decision trees
- Berkeley Publisher – The most user-friendly software suite for the development and maintenance of knowledge based applications using decision trees.
- Legal Zoom – Legal Help is Here
- Rocket Lawyer – Legal documents you can trust, Quick answers from qualified attorneys in your area
- Legal Dutch – The matchmaker for legal advice
- De advocatenwijzer – Find the right lawyer
- Vraag de Notaris – Find a Notary
- LawGives – LawGives helps you find affordable legal help from lawyers in 100+ cities. Get free consultations and fee quotes from trusted lawyers.
- Priori legal – Find the lawyers who are right for YOUR business. Enjoy free consultations, flat and preferred rates, and easy payment.
- Upcounsel – Easily hire attorneys for legal services that match your business needs and budget. Choose from 1000s of vetted, rated & reviewed lawyers on UpCounsel.
- Lawdingo – Need a lawyer? Lawdingo connects you with one nearly instantly online.
- Hire an esquire – Legal staffing redefined online
- Legal hero – Experienced attorneys for your business at clear, upfront prices
Online Dispute Resolution
- Modria– Businesses and government agencies rely on Modria Resolution Center to turn their disputes into fast and fair resolutions.
Access to justice, Legal Aid
- Rechtwijzer – Access to legal aid and online dispute resolution tools from the Dutch Legal Aid Boards
- Expunge Project – Innovating solutions to increase access to expungement.
Technology for fixing legal issues and law issues
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read (ToS;DR). A project that aims to fix the biggest lie on the internet: I have read and agree to these terms of service.
- Jurix – Foundation for legal knowledge-based systems
- IAAIL – International Association for Artificial Intelligence & Law